Wednesday, February 07, 2007

San Juan Trail, Orange County



Last weekend, I drove with Sally down South to participate on a leadership conference in Los Angeles, visit her family in Costa Mesa, Orange County and hook up with riders for a nice mountain bike ride around the area.

I asked Nancy Harris of Team NoBrakes, also known as the network queen, if she knew anybody organizing rides around Orange County. She immediately forwarded me an email from Mark Warrick of 3FBC riding club and also a network king, announcing a ride around the San Juan Trail.

Thanks to Nancy's connection I was able to ride a first class 18-mile singletrack cross country loop around the mountains close to San Juan Capistrano in Orange County, and get to know four awesome riders: Mark, Ken Purdy, Dave Reffert and Geof Sanberg.

And of course, after a 5-hour fun ride, we all went (minues Ken who had to go to family duties) to the local pub for beers and pizza where Sally and Geof's wife (oops I forgot her name! shame on me because she is cool) joined us afterwards. Click here to see the pictures.

I hope to ride with them again soon when I go back to visit or when they come to visit the Bay Area! Click below to check the stats and the map at the MotionBased site:

Map of San Juan Trail Orange County

No comments: